- Home Page
- About ProSpec Home Inspection
- Our Pricing
- Sample Reports
- What Our Inspection Includes
- Why Hire Us?
- Our Qualifications
- Photo Galleries
- Client Testimonials
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Thermal Imaging Reports
- Book an Inspection Online
- FAQs about Home Inspections
- Articles of Interest
- Areas Served / Community Links
- Mobile Site
Our Inspection Includes
ProSpec Home Inspection will inspect all property areas in accordance with industry standards of practice for performing a home inspection. Our reports include cost estimates for the necessary repairs. The following is our inspection outline with links to our photo galleries:
- Roof-covering materials;
- Vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- General structure of roof via accessible panels, doors or stairs;
- Exterior wall-covering materials, flashing and trim;
- Exterior doors;
- Adjacent walkways and driveways;
- Stairs, steps, stoops, stairways and ramps;
- Porches, patios, decks, balconies and carports;
- Railings, guards and handrails;
- Eaves, soffits and fascia;
- A representative number of windows;
- Vegetation, surface drainage, retaining walls and property grading, where they may adversely affect the structure due to moisture intrusion.
- Structural components.
- Heating system using normal operating controls.
- Cooling system using normal operating controls.
- Main water supply shut-off valve;
- Main fuel supply shut-off valve;
- Water heating equipment, including energy source, venting connections, temperature/pressure-relief (TPR) valves, Watts 210 valves, and bracing;
- Interior water supply, including all fixtures and faucets, by running the water;
- Toilets for proper operation by flushing;
- Sinks, tubs and showers for functional drainage;
- Drain, waste and vent system;
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- Service drop;
- Overhead service conductors and attachment point;
- Service head, gooseneck and drip loops;
- Service mast, service conduit and raceway;
- Electric meter and base;
- Service-entrance conductors;
- Main service disconnect;
- Panelboards and over-current protection devices (circuit breakers and fuses);
- Service grounding and bonding;
- A representative number of switches, lighting fixtures and receptacles using circuit tester where possible;
- All ground-fault circuit interrupter receptacles and circuit breakers observed and deemed to be GFCIs using a GFCI tester where possible;
- Smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors.
- Readily accessible and visible portions of the fireplaces and chimneys;
- Lintels above the fireplace openings;
- Damper doors by opening and closing them, if readily accessible and manually operable;
- Cleanout doors and frames.
- Insulation in unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas;
- Ventilation of unfinished spaces, including attics, crawlspaces and foundation areas;
- Mechanical exhaust systems in kitchen, bathrooms and laundry area.
- A representative number of doors and windows by opening and closing them;
- Floors, walls and ceilings;
- Stairs, steps, landings, stairways and ramps;
- Railings, guards and handrails;
- Garage vehicle doors and the operation of garage door openers, using normal operating controls.
10. NYS Wood Destroying Organism Report (NPMA-33 Form) is included with all
1, 2, 3 and 4 family homes at no additional cost.
Thermographic Inspection - includes infrared thermal
imaging and thermography report.
Testing for Lead Paint / Mold
Electro-Magnetic Field (EMF) Testing
** Please refer to "Our Pricing" for our inspection services.
Call for a Property Inspection
Write a Review
We'd like to hear from you to assess whether we're doing a good job keeping valued customers like you happy. Please use the links below to grade ProSpec's quality of work and customer service.